About the Author

The Pearson Team
MyITLab and MyMISLab

Contact The Pearson Team

View All Articles by The Pearson Team

Important Windows 8 and IE10 Information

Are your students planning on getting a new Windows 8 computer? Are students upgrading to IE10 and wondering how this will affect MyITLab?

MyITLab runs on Window 8 machines. MyITLab also runs on IE10, but between now and December 22, 2012, students will need to run MyITLab on IE10 in Compatibility mode. To change your browser settings follow these instructions:

If you want to work in MyITLab on Windows 8 and IE 10, first, you will need to set the browser to open MyITLab in Compatibility View. To do this:

1. Open Internet Explorer 10 on the desktop.
  2. Click the Page (or Tools) menu option in the Command bar. (If no toolbars are visible, press ALT, and then click the Tools option.)
  3. Select Compatibility View settings.
  4. Type pearsoned.com in the Add this website box, and then click Add.

Review these steps in our Knowledge Base.

After December 22, MyITLab should run natively in IE10 without compatibility mode.

17 Responses to Important Windows 8 and IE10 Information

1. jenniferpaige says:

This worked when I initially set it up. However, once I closed out of IE10, and then tried to log back in, it wouldn’t let me–error message: browser compatibility issue. pearsoned.com is still in the Compatibility View settings dialog box. I removed it, re-added it, rebooted, etc. and nothing will fix it.

• JoyceSaturno says:

I am having the exact same problem as @jenniferpaige.
      this is so frustrating being that I always have access to my laptop but this website is not working making it harder for me to finish work.

2. Hi,

If you’ve followed the instructions above and are still having problems launching MyITLab simulations, please:
    1. visit: http://www.myitlabcommunity.com/training-tips-guidance/updates-latest-and-greatest/important-windows-8-and-ie10-information/
    2. follow the instructions included in the link above to open Developer Tools and confirm that your browser is actually set to Enable Compatibility View.

Thanks,
    Eric

3. **Apologies… wrong link above, please use below**

Hi,
    1. visit: http://247pearsoned.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10850
    Thanks,
    Eric

4. Patrick Robbins says:

I can access myitlab.com on IE 10 in compatibility mode. The part I am having trouble with is running the installer. Once I open the installation wizard, it does not allow the “next” option, and above that tells me that Windows NT is not supported.

5. Hi,

IF you receive this message while attempting to run the Installation Wizard, then your browser is not actually in IE10 Compatibility View. Compatibility View is required for MyITLab when using IE10 at this time, and we block usage of the Installation Wizard if the browser is not set properly. (More info here: http://247pearsoned.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10981/kw/MyITlab%
    20IE10)

As an FYI, we are planning to support native IE10 in the coming weeks… please stay tuned to the Community for that announcement to come.

Thanks
    Eric

6. Brownarola says:

Question — Each quarter I have a large number of students come to me for aid in setting up MYITLAB. This last quarter was a nightmare with the WIndows 8 & Internet Explorer. Are there any plans to make MYITLAB compatible with other browsers such as Firefox, Opera, or Chrome. Granted IE is the most used browser in the US but there seems to be a lot of issues with IE and MYITLAB and it honestly is getting to the point that I’m starting to examine other software.

7. Lesly Gregory says:

Brownarola-
    Thanks so much for your question. We do keep an updated list of the Web browsers MyITLab is compatibly with on our System Requirements page: http://www.myitlab.com/System_Requirements. Right now, MyITLab supports IT and Safari.

We work hard to keep up with demand from our community regarding this issue and, as you can see below, are already working toward increasing the browsers compatible with MyITLab.

MyITLab for Office 2013 will support IE, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. This version is coming soon.

If you’d like to access MyITLab in a browser other than IE right now, please take a look at the MyITLab Customer Preview: http://www.myitlab.com/customerpreview. This is supported in IE as well as Chrome and Firefox.

Thanks so much for your feedback and please let us know if we can answer any questions in the future.

Lesly

8. Brandy says:

I finally was able to login to myitlab but every time I try to go to my homework it bumps me back to the login page. I have windows 8

9. Lucas Vussy says:

i can’t login…
    to myitlab/myitlabplus

10. I can not get my new windows 8 pc to install the installation wizard I need help :/

11. Shaun says:

I have tried everything. I configured compatibility view settings, talked with support, tried different browsers, rebooted computers. I am STILL unable to log into myitlab with internet explorer 10 on the windows 8 OS.

12. suzanne Bonnen says:

I am unable to use myitlab from my windows 7 internet explorer 10 computer. I have been trying all these suggestions, I chat with an online rep and still nothing helps. This is a very difficult website to utilize and I am very upset I have paid for college level classes with outdated computer programs like myitlab.

Comments